Subspace End User Agreement
The following End User Licence Agreement (hereon referred to as LICENCE) defines terms and conditions of play when using this software/this product as well as the legal relationship between the user of this software and any participant in this online game network, and providers of this software and the operators of various services that maintain the online network. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions listed below can result in the revokation of this LICENCE and loss of the ability to play this game on a given network.
You must read this Product LICENCE carefully. By pressing Accept and using this software, you are agreeing to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions of this LICENCE and are acknowledging that you have read and understand said terms. If you do not agree to the terms of this LICENCE, please click Decline and immediately remove this software from your computer.
1. GRANT OF LIMITED LICENCE. You, the end user, are hereby granted a limited licence to make use of this product for your personal enjoyment on any type or number of computers or game platforms to play on a game network. This LICENCE is transferable, and you may freely distribute this product as long as all files from the original distribution are included, unchanged and unmodified, including this LICENCE. This LICENCE is proof of your right to exercise the rights and privleges stated within. Any other use of this software for purposes not stated may result in termination of this LICENCE.
2. COPYRIGHT. You have no ownership rights in regards to this software product. All works contained herein are copyright and property of their respective owners and are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties and provisions. You are not granted any rights other than those expressly stated within this LICENCE. This software should be treated like any other copyrighted material, with the express exception that it may be freely copied and distributed within the guidelines listed in Section 1.
This software is licenced to you only for your personal enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. It is provided free of charge and may not be used for any commercial purposes whatsoever. You may not loan, rent, lease, sell, give, offer for sale, sublicence, or othwerwise transfer this product, or any portion therein, or any portion incorporated therein (such as visuals or sounds) in exchange for any monies, revenue, or other services. You may not permit someone to use this software in exchange for anything, this software should be distributed free of charge or commitment.
You may not recreate, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer or attempt to reverse engineer or derive source code from, all or any portion of this product or anything incorporated therein, including any screen display, sound or accompanying documentation, or permit or encourage any third party to do so.
3. COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION PROHIBITED. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing restrictions, specifically you may not offer this product on a pay-per-play basis or on a subscription basis or on a computer system or network to which you lease or rent access to players.
4. GAME SERVERS. The only authorized method of accessing any server to use the Product is by using an unmodified copy of this software as originally distributed. You shall select and then use any such server all at your sole cost, expense and risk, including any communication costs, such as telephone charges and/or Internet access fees.
No one shall retain responsibility or liability to you or any other person or entity for selecting a server, any technical, service or other problems or difficulties that you may experience in connection with connecting to or using a server, any player’s compliance with any rules or procedures set forth in this LICENCE, the acts or omissions of any player or any cost or expense incurred by you in connection with the selection, use, or otherwise in connection with any server. No guarantee is made that the software used by server operators is the original, unmodified server software. Servers are generally privately owned and operated and no guarantee is made that you will be able to access all servers: different servers may have different accessibility rules.
5. APPROPRIATE GAME PLAY; RESPONSIBILITY FOR GAME PLAY. You agree to not take any action or pass any communication, either in or through this product or in or through any other software, that interferes with another player’s ability to enjoy his or her play of the game or which is objectionable or inappropriate. Your conduct in the game may affect your ability to play on a given server. Rules of conduct are left to the discretion of each server operator. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the definition of objectionable and/or inappropriate actions includes intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation or treaty. You are completely and solely liable for all communications and other activities of every kind and nature conducted by or through your screen name/log-in name.
6. LOSS OF PRIVILEGES. In the event that you engage in conduct prohibited by this LICENCE, or otherwise commit any other breach of this LICENCE, then one or more of the following may occur: you may be issued a warning; your account’s chat or other communication abilities may be turned off; use of your account may be temporarily or permanently blocked; and your use of any other on-line gaming or other similar account that you then or may in the future maintain with the operator of the server or their respective affiliates may be temporarily or permanently blocked.
7. NO MONITORING OR PRIVACY. Communications in connection with this software are not private and often occur in real-time. Although the rules regarding appropriate game play are set forth in this LICENCE, there is no guarantee that any person or entity will, as a matter of policy, screen, edit, monitor or police the content of the communications or other materials transmitted by players, and therefore there is no promise or guarantee that other players will not provide content or access to content that players or their parents may find objectionable or inappropriate. Notwithstanding the guarantee of any policy of screening, editing, monitoring or policing the content of the materials or communications transmitted by players, you acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, the operator of the server may, in its sole discretion, monitor some, all or none of the "chat" and other areas of the game for adherence to this LICENCE, choose to act upon inappropriate use of "chat" features or game play, collect, disclose, distribute, compile and otherwise use for its purposes, as it deems appropriate, any and all data and information gathered from use of this software and its "chat" features. Servers operating with the official unmodified server software are incapable of monitoring "private chat," but no guarantee is made that all server are using the official unmodified server software.
8. LIMITED WARRANTY. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of this software is at your sole risk. This product is provided "as is" and without warranty of any kind.
9. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT ARE DISCLAIMED. NO WARRANT IS GIVEN THAT THE PRODUCT WILL SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR THAT THIS SOFTWARE IS WITHOUT DEFECT OR ERROR OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED.
10. USER REMEDIES. No express user remedies will be provided. This software is provided free of charge and is provided "as is."
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANYONE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES AND/OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SINCE THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHRAGE, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANYONE'S LIABILITY BY OPERATION OF LAW, IF ANY, BE GREATER THAN ZERO. THE WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, ORAL OR WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NO DEALER, DISTRIBUTOR, AGENT OR EMPLOYEE IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATION OR ADDITION TO THIS WARRANTY.
12. GENERAL. This LICENCE sets forth the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior negotiations, understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter hereof. This LICENCE is severable. Should any provision of this LICENCE be held to be void, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions hereof shall not be affected and shall continue in effect as though such unenforceable provision has been deleted herefrom. The name of this LICENCE and the headings of the sections of this LICENCE are inserted merely for convenience and shall not be used or relied upon in connection with the construction or interpretation of this LICENCE.
IF YOU AGREE WITH ALL OF THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN PLEASE CLICK THE "ACCEPT LICENSE" BUTTON. OTHERWISE, CLICK THE "DO NOT ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW AND PROMPTLY REMOVE THIS SOFTWARE FROM YOUR COMPUTER.